Auto glass tinting improves your car’s comfort, increases clarity and creates an overall better look. Before investing in window tint, it’s important to know the benefits and details of the service. Read on to learn the answers to some of your most asked questions.
1. What is window tint?
Window tint is a thin, laminate, multi-layered film often made from polyester material and installed to the inside of your existing auto glass. It uses its layers to combat issues such as heat, glare, ultraviolet (UV) radiation and privacy. There are multiple colors, thicknesses and shades available depending on the preference of the customer.
2. What are the benefits?
Window tinting provides long-term practical uses that will better you and your car daily. Here is a list of the main benefits:
- Enhances your vehicle’s appearance and adds financial resale value
- Reduces glare for safer driving
- Saves fuel by minimizing the need for A/C
- Increases safety and security – on and off the road
- Secures your possessions
- Prevents your car’s interior from fading, cracking, or warping
- Protects your skin from harmful UV rays
- Gives you privacy on the road
3. What are the different kinds of tint?
At Auto Glass & Tint Shop, we are the only Global and XPEL (link to this page on the website) tint authorized dealer in the Kansas City metropolitan area, and we have three Solar Control Automotive Window Films available to tailor the proper tint for your needs.
- QDP CERAMIC FILMS- These premium non-reflective automotive window films offer high-end performance qualities without usage of metalized film in product design.
- NR QUICK DRY PLUS FILM- These non-reflective charcoal films are great for quick dry times, faster installations and colder climate conditions. They also are the best solution for cars with embedded antennas, cellular and GPS systems. They are available in 5, 20, 30, 40, and 50 percent visible light transmissions.
- PRIME XR PLUS- These high-performance ceramic window tints provide superior heat rejection, greater clarity and crystal-clear signal. They also provide SPF 1,000 protection and are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV protectant. They are available in 5, 15, 20, 30, 35, 45, 55, and 70 percent visible light transmissions.
To learn about the Kansas and Missouri window tint laws, visit our website.
4. How much time does it take to tint my vehicle?
The duration from start to finish depends on a number of factors, including the vehicle type, the size of the window’s surface area and the number of windows you wish to tint. In general, a complete car takes around 2-4 hours, while a set of front doors would be closer to around 30-45 minutes.
We know how much our customers value their time. That’s why we guarantee the utmost in quality and service while providing you with a stress-free experience that is as quick and seamless as possible.
5. How much does it cost?
Much like time of installation, the cost of your window tint will depend on a number of factors, including the size of vehicle and windows, the number of windows being tinted and the type of solar window tint you choose.
To best learn about your specific service and tint price, request a free quote or call us at 913-491-8468 today!
6. What’s the lifespan of window tint?
Standard window tints usually last up to 5 years, whereas higher quality films can last up to 10 years. Poor installation, direct exposure to sunlight and certain chemicals from cleaning products can cause your tint to deteriorate more quickly.
According to Simple Green, you should avoid using ammonia-based window cleaners or any abrasive scrubbing products on window tint.
7. What do I need to know for after the installation?
After your window tint is installed, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you notice any bubbles, don’t worry. They are simply caused by moisture and will evaporate not long after your installation.
- Until fully dry, park in direct sunlight on clear days and park inside if it’s cool or rainy.
- Avoid the car wash or rolling down your windows until your tints are completely cured. This could range from 3-5 days depending on your climate and weather conditions.
The professionals at Auto Glass & Tint Shop have you covered. If you have remaining questions, contact us to get the answers you need. Considering a window tint? Request a free quote to get the best and affordable option for you!